Important new or clarified protections:
- You cannot be asked to change your self-assessment.
- Student outcomes (test scores, benchmarks, grades) can not be used to rate you.
- An observation must be announced in a predetermined way.
- Every observation write-up must acknowledge the perspective of the educator, as communicated in a post-observation, in-person conversation.
- Evidence is limited.
- Previous ratings stand in the event that an evaluator does not submit their work as required.
- A Proficient rating must be achievable within the bounds of the contract (for instance, an educator cannot be expected to give up prep time).
- A Professional Status educator may dispute ratings.
- Summative ratings should be 20% goals + 20% per Standard