We had a bargaining session on February 1. The school committee, citing many excuses, was completely unprepared, failing to give us long-promised counter-proposals on our many issues related to time to teach, workload, paperwork, and other proposals concerning our expanding jobs. We are sorry to report that they had nothing – telling us they would have something at our session on March 1.
The negotiators have concluded that the only way to get what we need is to engage in an escalating set of actions that demonstrate our commitment to fight for the schools our children deserve.
BEU MEMBERS & PARENTS:
ATTEND SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING
THURSDAY, FEB. 4
- Members are encouraged to arrive outside of Town Hall – 5:15-5:30.
- Parents: Encourage them to arrive by 5:30.
- Gather outside with signs.
- We’ll make our way to the 5thfloor by 5:50.
- School Committee meeting begins at 6 on 5thfloor of Town Hall.
- Public comment is at 6:35.
- Sign up to speak upon arrival, with comments preferably to be kept to 3 minutes.