Prioritize individual attention for every child:
– Limit to 4 the number of class sections per teacher in grades 6-12 to open up time for meeting the targeted needs of specific children.
– Support co-teaching with necessary prep time.
– Limit non-instructional tasks such as data collection & paperwork.
– Eliminate non-instructional duties for teachers.
– Guarantee every educator sufficient and equitable time to prepare to teach every day.
Enhance the safety of our students and staff:
– Assess specialists’ caseloads according to the intensity of student needs.
– Require building aides who can step in.
– Assign more than one educator to rooms with 65 or more children.
-Increase classroom safety with appropriate staffing and equipment.
Respect the professionalism of our educators:
-Reserve time in staff meetings to discuss educators’ individual or collective concerns.
-Strengthen the voice of teachers in the evaluation system.
-Agree to prep periods and paid lunch for paraprofessionals.
-Guarantee fair compensation for all, including a living wage & fair scheduling for paraprofessionals.