The GIC Annual Enrollment period for this year will be April 6th through May 4th, 2016. This is the time when you can change your health plan, make changes for family members and enroll in new benefits. If you plan to keep your existing plan and options, you do not have to re-enroll, it will stay the same automatically.
The new GIC premium rates will be voted on by the Insurance Commissioners on March 2nd.
Retirees can enroll in Met Life Dental if eligible.
The GIC Health Plan calendar year deductible is now transitioning to the fiscal year. All Employee/Non-Medicare plans are transitioning to make it easier to change health plan carriers at Open Enrollment.
* January to June 2016 , there will be a half year deductible…
* Individual: has a $150 deductible before benefits begin.
* Two person families: each person must satisfy a $150 deductible.
* Three or more person family: the maximum each person must satisfy is $150 until the family as a whole reaches the six-month $450 maximum.
* Effective July 1, 2016: the deductible year will run July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017.
The PEC (Public Employees Committee) will begin very soon to negotiate healthcare with the Town since our present plans expire June30, 2016. Maintaining our 83% (Town pays) and our 17 % (we pay) split is uppermost on our agenda.
Please feel free to contact Jessica or myself if you have my questions or concerns.
Take care….Sheila Leach email@example.com