Become a “One”!
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Be a “1” in the “BEU 1:10 plan”. You’ll communicate face-to-face with 10 of your colleagues at 4 points during the year. In your brief conversations, you’ll gather or pass on specific information about our jobs and work of the union. Your BEU Building or Department Rep(s) will coordinate the plan.
- Attend an hour-long BEU workshop. You’ll learn and practice how organizers have one-on-one conversations that are meaningful and effective.
WHAT WILL I GET?
- You’ll be the first to know what BEU Reps have to report and members have to say about what’s going on in your building, district-wide, and in the larger community — and about what the union can do about it. You’ll hear about the new workload oversight underway, ongoing defense of contractual rights and due process protections, and member concerns and organizing at the building, district, and/or community level involving the new Brookline Alliance for Public Schools and organizing for social and economic justice statewide.
- You’ll become more connected to your colleagues in the building around issues that directly affect our classrooms and our abilities to best serve our students. When we talk with each other about our working conditions, meet, and act together as a union regularly at every level, we support one another and identify and help to resolve issues much more quickly, thereby avoiding feelings of frustration or isolation. The insight of educators has increased impact.
- Your ideas and those of your colleagues will be heard and translated into effective action. We NEED the voices of all members in the union. Collective action is our most powerful tool for meeting the needs of students, educators and allies who are committed to achieving educational justice for all in our schools and communities.
If you’d like to become a “One,” Sign Up here, or if have any questions, please contact Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org