Roth IRA Enrollment Workshop: Thursday, April 26 at 3:00 pm in the Pierce Faculty Room
Reasons for Establishing a Roth IRA:
- Portability – If you choose to leave the PSB for another school district or even change careers, you can continue contributing to the Roth from anywhere in the world.
- Profitability – A 30 year old who contributes $3,000.00 each for thirty years will amass the tidy sum $340,000.00 by age 60, assuming an 8% rate of return.
- Tax-free stream of income – You don’t pay a penny in taxes when you withdraw money from your Roth in retirement and it never impacts your tax bracket.
- Flexibility – You can withdraw funds for a home down payment and make penalty-free withdrawals for postsecondary education expenses
Cut to chase enrollment: You can fill out Roth IRA enrollment form for either Vanguard or Fidelity before coming to the workshop to speed up the process. I’ll walk you through the investment choices and answer any questions.
Bob Miller, BEU Financial Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Brookline Educators
Presenting the 403b,
To Be…Or Not To Be Enrolled
Should Not Be The Question!!
SIX COMPELLING REASON TO ENROLL IN A 403(B)
- A $500,000 dollar nest egg: A 25 year old teacher who invests $200.00 monthly for 35 years – assuming an 8% return – will accumulate a nest egg of almost $500,000 by age 60.
- Investment grows tax free: All earnings, dividends and capital gains grow tax free until 70.5!
- It lowers your taxable income: If you earn $50,000 per year and contribute $5,000, you only pay taxes on $45,000, a possible savings of $1,000 a year!
- Pensions don’t come with a lifetime warranty:
- Assuming the historical inflation rate of 3%, the purchasing power of $60,000 dollar pension would be reduced by $27,000 in 20 years, leaving you with a meager $33,220.55 a year.
- Three out of five retirees will outlive their assets!
- You need a back-up plan: Over 40% of teachers leave the profession before becoming eligible for a full pension.
- It’s quick, easy and painless: Bring your smartphone and laptop, and you’ll be enrolled in a Vanguard 403b by the end of the meeting!!!
A BEU sponsored 403(b) enrollment workshop will be held in the Pierce School faculty room on Thursday, November 9 at 3:15 pm. Questions: Contact BEU Financial Consultant, Bob Miller, email@example.com.
Click here for the flyer: Brookline Educator Flyer November 9