Last night the BEU Negotiation Team and the BSC met for the second time to negotiate the new Unit B contract. The BSC’s overwhelming response to the BEU proposals was “it doesn’t belong in the contract”. We heard that response over and over, and when asked what they thought belonged in a contract, the BSC responded: “We are not going to answer that.” The only proposals the BSC agreed to were a few housekeeping requests (8 a-d,f,h-j). Almost all the proposals were rejected, and a few were placed on hold while the BSC gathers more information.
Our next Unit B negotiation meeting will be held on April 14, 6:00 to 8:30pm.
The School Committee:
- Wants to fire Paraprofessionals at any time without cause, and
- Wants to increase or decrease their hours without notice
- Won’t offer pay increases
- Won’t treat teachers as professionals
- Wants to increase hours without pay
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Contact School Committee members
- Contact Town Meeting representatives
- Put up a lawn sign
- Host a house party Q&A with educators
- Make phone calls
- Share this site with your networks
- Click here to start helping
Together we teach Brookline’s students
Last night the BEU Negotiation Team (our core speaking representatives and silent representatives) continued bargaining for Unit A with the BSC for the fourth time. The BSC finished responding to our proposals. Almost all were rejected, a few needed more investigating, and 6.j. was accepted.
6.j. Form subcommittee to study the stipends through-out Appendix B and C, except B.8.A and
make recommendations to the parties for inclusion in a final agreement, which shall include
at least the amounts for all years, the pay schedule, assignments and process for applying.
Our next Unit A bargaining meeting is March 17th at 6pm